Friday, January 30

Lavishly

"I will heal their waywardness.
I will love them lavishly..."
Hosea 14:4a (MSG)
As I've said before, I became a Christian at a young age, but spent years wandering wayward from the Lord. I did my own thing. I know I grieved Him. It's easy to kick myself and dredge back up all the yuck from my past. Once I've confessed and repented, however, it's not God that keeps reminding me of all I did wrong.

I love the way this verse puts it! God won't just overlook my waywardness; He will heal it! And He won't just love me a little; He'll love me lavishly!

Dictionary.com defines "lavish" this way (emphasis mine):
•To expend or give in great amounts or without limit
Characterized by or produced with extravagance and profusion
Did you get that? His love is without limits, and characterized by extravagance. There just aren't words for how grateful I am for His love. Even with all I've done, despite my waywardness, my Lord loves me extravagantly and without limit. And He feels the same way about you.