Wednesday, July 1

Essential

Recently, having been completely blown out of my comfort zone with a brand new 14-year-old daughter in the home (through adoption), I have been having some fears and insecurities to deal with. This passage spoke to me today:
"Above all, be strong and very courageous to carefully observe the whole instruction My servant Moses commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right or the left, so that you will have success wherever you go... recite it day and night, so that you may carefully observe everything written in it. For then you will prosper and succeed in whatever you do... Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:7-9
Staying in God's word is absolutely essential for me to be able to do what He's called me to do. Not just in adopting a teenager, but in all things. Spending time with Him daily and knowing the truth of what the Bible says is the only way to succeed in doing hard things.