Sunday, July 27

I'll Stand

“So what can I say,
And what can I do,
But offer this heart, O God,
Completely to You…

So I’ll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all.
I’ll stand,
My soul Lord to You surrendered,
All I am is Yours.”
Every time I hear this song it moves me deeply. Christ was perfect, free of sin, but he gave himself up for me–imperfect, sinful me. In thinking about all that he did for me, enduring a painful and shame-filled death to pay the price for MY sins, then what else can I possibly do but give my whole self back to him? Ephesians 5:2 says we should “live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” There is no other choice but to offer my heart completely to God, and I stand in awe of the one who gave it all for me. All I am is his. I pray that I might glorify him in all I think and say and do.