Wednesday, May 7

Cast Your Cares...

“Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”1 Peter 5:7
What does this tell me about who God is? It tells me that He is compassionate. He doesn’t want me to worry about anything because He cares about me, and for me. That He cares about me means that He doesn’t want me to hurt, just as any good parent hopes their children will be spared from pain and heartache (although sometimes they--and we--bring heartache upon ourselves). That He cares for me means that He provides for all my needs, just as a parents cares for a child by feeding, clothing, and loving him. He does all this even when He is not thanked or acknowledged; even those who deny Christ still partake of the goodness of all He has created. Just as I, as a parent, still care for and about my daughter even when she is cranky or disrespectful.

God is telling me in this verse that I have no reason to worry or fret; He is taking care of everything, so all I have to do is soak up His glory and be the child He created me to be.