Tuesday, May 6

Who are You, Lord?

I’m asking God to show me WHO HE IS through his word…

“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me.” Deuteronomy 5:6-7

God does so much for me. He created this beautiful world I live in. He chose to give me life. He made so many things happen, created so many people as my ancestors to create even the possibility of my beginning. And He continues to bless me daily. He puts up with my mistakes, with the mistakes that all of us humans make, even when we are trying to become more Christlike. So it is no wonder that He expects to be number one in my life. He is all-powerful, but He chooses not to be heavy-handed and force us to behave; He could indeed do that, but that would take away the wonder of free will. Sometimes He reminds me that He has done great things for me, and sometimes He must steer me back on track by a little loving discipline. But always, He love me enough to keep giving me chances. He is all-knowing, ever-loving, and oh-so-patient with me. He expects and deserves my complete adoration.