Saturday, May 31

Not Done Yet

Phillipians 1:6: "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."
Can I just say, WHEW! There are so many days when I think I’m just not doing it right - it, being life. I get frustrated with myself because I still do stupid stuff; I tell myself I know better than to do those things! I’ve grown and learned so much, especially in the past few years, but some days it just feels like I’m c-r-e-e-p-i-n-g along in learning all the things I ought to know by now.

This verse reassures me that God isn’t done with me yet! It’s ok that I don’t have it all together, because I’m still a work in progress. But the even better news is that God won’t stop working on me until he’s done - until he has perfected his good work in me! He won’t give up, he won’t say it’s just too hard and I’m too stubborn. He won’t get frustrated and walk away from me, as I sometimes do with my projects. Nope, he started a good work in me, and he won’t quit until he’s done.

So I know that I have to keep trying, and remember that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I’m still FAR from perfect, but He who began a good work in me will perfect it.